Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It just came to me

What do you do when you have a lot of fresh raspberries (with too many already frozen in the freezer) and a bunch of spotty bananas? Why, you make a banana raspberry loaf!

I made the best of bridge banana bread recipe, but changed it a bit.... Coconut on the bottom of the buttered pan (thanks for that tip, AK). I halved the sugar, added some vanilla and molasses (a teaspoon each), and used 1/4 cup of quinoa flour (only because I ran out of unbleached flour). And then, the raspberries: I put half the batter in the pan, then put fresh raspberries over top and then covered them up with the remaining batter. Pretty delish, I'd say. Only problem is that a whole layer of raspberries doesn't bode well for the structural integrity of the loaf for either coming out of the pan or getting sliced up. Oh well, it still tastes good.

This was a success in terms of looking for things to put in banana bread other than chocolate chips. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE chocolate chips, but Hershey's is likely not at all considerate to fair trade or organic processes, and I swear they are laced with coke because they are so addictive. So, I buy the uber expensive Camino chips only for special occasions. Today? Not a special occasion. Happy Raspberry Wednesday!

No comments: