Saturday, July 9, 2011

Frig, why do you stop running?




No, I'm not accusing a friend of quitting a marathon, but I am asking my car why it stalls on the highway. Why?... We delivered Little Bean's aunt to the airport in Comox this morning, and on the way back home, Frig called it quits about 10km short of our destination.

I knew the drill, since I found myself in the same situation last month. With our cell phone, fully stocked with credit (lesson learned), I called BCAA for a tow for Frig and a cab for the rest of us. What turned our frown upside down was the lovely woman who stopped and asked us if she could give us a lift home. Step 1: Graciously accept sweet offer. Step 2: Cancel cab. Step 3: Stop bad-mouthing Nanaimo (it used to have a poor reputation).

Now we just have to wait to see what the garage thinks the problem is, and continue our serious discussions about becoming car-free.

No comments: