Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pyjama Evacuation or Bust

I've noticed, lately (like, for the past number of unemployed-living-at-my-parent's-place months), that if I don't get changed out of my pyjamas first thing after popping out of bed and racing to the bathroom for a pregnant gotta-go-now pee, I end up staying in those pyjamas all day long and head back to bed that evening without a second thought.

Now, this isn't such a bad thing. I save on laundry. I'm comfy all day. But, it also means that if the doorbell rings, I feel like a schmuck, and it also means that I probably haven't made it outside for even a small walk. Bad. Very bad. Especially for two or more days in a row. Yikes! If you're wondering, today is Day 2. And yes, I hate to admit it, but the same pj's for at least 48 hours! Oh, it sounds so much worse when writing it out. Okay. New leaf. Turn it. Now. But it's 7:30pm; maybe just one more night?.... Nope. Shower time.

And once the baby comes, I will remember writing this post and take the 18 seconds to change out of those pyjamas and into anything else before my day gets lost into night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummm...if you can't get out of your pj's now, you will seriously have a hard time doing so once the bean arrives. The only thing I can see changing is you may be soaked in boob juice, which may start to get to you, so that might motivate you to get dressed. But yah, it helps to shower and get dressed in the morning, but you know, good luck with that.