Friday, January 21, 2011

Ahhh.... Midwives


In answering a question about my concerns with labour and birth, I spoke of how I had more concerns before I obtained the services of midwives. I was concerned that a hospital birth with a physician could lead to unnecessary interventions, and lead me down a road where my body is not trusted in the process and not given the time it needs to do what it needs to do.  I was concerned that the energetic and physical environment around me would not be supportive, spiritual and special, and that this could lead to issues with my mind and body’s ability to let go and surrender to the ebbs and flows of this wondrous process. 

I now feel curious and excited about labour and birth, and I know that my new situation is suited well to the desires of my mind, my body and my spirit. Ahhhhhh.......

No comments: